Video as a promotional tool is one of the areas where video really comes into its own and can be hugely effective.
Online video as a business benefit is plainly on the rise and many claims and statistics are made by industry watchers and bloggers.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined.
Don't miss out to your competitors
Headline claims aside, the fact remains that if your business isn’t using video in a relevant way for its own promotions and marketing – you’re missing out to your competitors.
But with so much competition, what makes for a good video promo?
Well, video is very good at getting across a few key messages in a short space of time – you can, for example:
- Disrupt, challenge and take your audience to new places to show how innovative and relevant your business really is.
- Can control the mood, atmosphere, personality, pace and accuracy of those messages to really impress your target audience.
- Involve your viewers directly by making your video interactive.
Online Video & Social Media
In the world of the ever maturing online audience the format of the 30 second commercial or 60 second promo is very relevant.
Online video for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and all the others has its own nuances but the guidance on best practice is similar. Good video has the ability to capture the imagination and make an impact about something, that 30 seconds ago, they didn't even know about.